Students came to see me for various reasons: some personal n some academics. Many of the academic questions are repeated which they should have asked in the class but they didn't for various reasons. That prompted me to set up a blog dedicated to my students so that I can post the solutions to all to see instead of repeating over and over again. Hope it can help.
Since started teaching in1971, I have taught in many places :- some places have no water supply and electricity only available after 4 pm like Pulau Ketam. Small towns like Kapar, S.Bernam, Bahau, Kuala Kangsar. All these places I stayed for a year or two and some just a few months. The longest is in Kuala Lumpur, a total of twenty five years until I retired from Government schools. During my teaching life, I took boys to play games in places like Kuantan, K.Trengganu, K Bahru, Sg. Petani, Jitra, Seremban. A group of us also went round taking part in 10k, half- marathon and the full marathon. We ran the Penang bridge and the Kuala Trengganu bridge when they were just opened to public. Thats why those places that you came from, I still have some fond memories, some I knew them quite well like Ipoh, Penang and Taiping. I stayed for two years in Ipoh as a student and one year in Glugor during training. Some places I know them because I have to pass by the towns when I went back to Alor Star at least once a year. Places like Pantai Remis, Bukit Mertjam, Kulim, Bruas, Lunas and so on. So I didn't kelentong you when I said I know those places. Only East Malaysia I am yet to visit and I hope I can visit those places real soon.
Since started teaching in1971, I have taught in many places :- some places have no water supply and electricity only available after 4 pm like Pulau Ketam. Small towns like Kapar, S.Bernam, Bahau, Kuala Kangsar. All these places I stayed for a year or two and some just a few months. The longest is in Kuala Lumpur, a total of twenty five years until I retired from Government schools. During my teaching life, I took boys to play games in places like Kuantan, K.Trengganu, K Bahru, Sg. Petani, Jitra, Seremban. A group of us also went round taking part in 10k, half- marathon and the full marathon. We ran the Penang bridge and the Kuala Trengganu bridge when they were just opened to public. Thats why those places that you came from, I still have some fond memories, some I knew them quite well like Ipoh, Penang and Taiping. I stayed for two years in Ipoh as a student and one year in Glugor during training. Some places I know them because I have to pass by the towns when I went back to Alor Star at least once a year. Places like Pantai Remis, Bukit Mertjam, Kulim, Bruas, Lunas and so on. So I didn't kelentong you when I said I know those places. Only East Malaysia I am yet to visit and I hope I can visit those places real soon.
When I first started teaching in government school, I was given other subjects to teach besides Physics. I thought Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Health Science,Add. Maths, Physics and Further Maths. When you are more senior, then you become more specialist. Just before I left government school, I thought Physics, Add. Mathematics and Further Maths for the SPM and STPM students. Sekellip mata, it was ten years ago. Time flies ( like an arroow, says the Chinese educated ).
Youngsters always complained that the older generations don't understand them, but you have forgotten that the older generations were young before but you haven't been old before. So ?
1 comment:
Teacher, i am glad to be ur tourist guide if u ever go to Kuching...
Well Kuching not much of a tourist spot but then if sir likes food and nature plus culture well kuching well surely be a pleasant place for u to come..
Kuching has lots of delicious n yet cheap food.. Like kolo mee, laksa, cha kueh, kam pua, teh c peng, n etc... Hehe if teacher is coming let me know i will sure to bring u around...
Post a Comment