Friday, October 17, 2008

On The Springboard

The syllabi of all the subjects has come to an end and all of you are on the springboard, waiting for the final dash to achieve your goals. I can't say about the topics because many of you are still waiting and planning to peak at the right time. But for Physics practical, I have a few things to say and hope that it will help you on.

Whenever the question ask " to what extent do your readings confirm ............." , YOU HAVE to find "the % Difference" and then compare to either "the sum of the % uncertainty of various measurements" or the standard "10%". But you should consider the first option first since you are now in Unit 5 and NOT unit 3 practicals, unless it is complicated to do the first option. In the last practical, MANY of you use the phrase ALMOST the same. As I said, you have to use figure to proof your points.

No of oscillations is another points. It should start off with 10T. You use other than 10T on two situations : (a) if 10T is less than 11 s than you should use 20T. (b) if oscillation dies off before reaching 10 oscillation, then use 5T BUT if using 5T, then you should have 5 repetitions rather than 3 repetitions.

And when come to measure the diameter of the tin can, many of you have forgotten the CORRECT way of useing the set-squares. It send shivers down my spine this time, not yours. I really hope that you can pull up your socks and real fast, time is running short.

But as one of you told me, JPA scholars are selected students, tahan lasak, sure to ride the weather. I hope so, really hope so, that all of you will still be in one piece at the end of two years course and I still can recognise you. Hope you still recognise who am I.

From now on, all of you will be very busy, don't even have time to say hello to me, let alone reading my post. I may have to rest this blog for a while.

5 comments:

g_yean_i said...

sir.... don't leave your blog for too long le! like to see you blogging... it's nice!!!! ^^

fatin sulaiman said...

yeah,she's right sir. don't leave yr blog for too long. We love to read all yr words and advices, even when we're in UK someday.

My Students said...

If you all have the time to read, I'll continue. But when you are in uk, or wherever, instant MSN with web cam better ma.

Pinkie123 said...

haha...yaya...that's why you should give us yr email address! So that we can kacau you whenever you are online..KEKEKE~

-DaN- said...

Sir! I wana support their points. Keep blogging for us to read will be great~ Just like the previous semester, reading your blog post right before physics practical does help everyone to calm down!
Thx sir~