Today, all of you sat for your last paper for this round of examination. You have three weeks before next semester starts on 30th June. What a relief:- some of you will be singing "freeeeedom" and some of you shouting "merdeka". Most of you would head straight for your home-sweet-home ( to be "manja" for the next 21 days ). The more adventurous ones will be visiting some places ( which i encourage ) before heading for home. Whatever it is, I hope you will be rejuvenated and refreshed when you come back next semester.
Well, I always say "work hard and play hard". But this time round, I'll advised you not to forget your books totally because next semester, the units you are taking will be quite "meaty", not only for Physics but other subjects as well. Don't be happy when you see the word "meaty". You don't think of lots of burger, what I mean is the units contain quite a lot of material to deal with. At least spare some time to read up before you come back. Many of you will say I sound like your father ====> grumpy and long-winded. Well, in fact I treat all of you something like my "cahaya mata" ( no, I am not superman or X-man that have eyes that produce laser or fire ), S Y T ( swee n yen-tau , ask the Penangite or Kedahan what it means if you don't know). In fact, I was warned that "the JPA scholars are a manja lot, don't be too close to them, otherwise they will climb on your head". Well, some of you may belong to that group but majority of you are basically a nice lot, slowly matured into fine ladies and gentlemen. I will take the risk and hope that you all won't let me down and climb on my head.
Throughout my teaching life, I dealt with all sorts of students , " the good, the bad and the ugly". It`s a long time since I have a bunch of nice students like you -- hardworking and well behaved. But some of you are manja and not so serious in your studies, I hope you will get out of it soon.
Anyway, happy holidays. Your juniors, Jan 08 and April 08 students will start their lessons on Monday.
2 comments:
Sir, yu jian here. juz dropping by to ask about your well being =)
We had a great time in penang, visited lots of places. haha.
oh, thx for the reminder for not totally neglecting our studies during holidays, lots of stuffs to catch up with, particularly our personal statement.
see you again in the next semester!
take care
Halooooo teacher~
I'm amazed sir still managed to follow up on us...thanks for the thoughts!:D mendorong and men-inspire us to work hard next sem...yes! oh not to forget to enjoy also...we menjelajah Penang and found myself few kg heavier..oops,hahaha.
"It`s a long time since I have a bunch of nice students like you - hardworking and well-behaved" Actually my inner thought is that itz us who should say:
It's a long time since we have a good teacher like sir - dedicated and caring! I would like to copy and paste a lot of THANK YOU at here but it wouldn't be practical..so just wanna say THANK YOU for everything!=) i'd been wanting to say thank you since your 1st post but couldnt leave comment...sir, enjoy now because later when u meet us, i'm afraid u will hardly get peace in mind...lol.jokes...take care.
cheers,
siewleng
Post a Comment